Client: Large multinational retailer
Project Aim: The client was taking over two Distribution Centres and required Programme Management through to CDM Site Management.
This involved strip out of existing equipment/services, then dilapidation/refurbishment and installation of “Hanging” mechanism and “Boxed” mechanism in along with associated platforms, mezzanines and services.
As the site had been closed for many months and the large scale of the project the challenges were;
- Ensuring safe access and control of site
- Ensuring competency of all contractors involved
- Ensuring suitable welfare facilities available at all times
- Sequencing of build imperative to good Health & Safety
- Working at height would be involved in circa 75% of activities
- Client would be operational on site before 100% completion
- OHSAS18001 Site Management system implemented
- Upfront contractor onboarding meetings
- Contractor Competency checks before arrival on site
- 2 H&S Site Managers on site at all times
- Non-Working Supervisors from all contractors, including English speaking for contractors from Europe
- Project duration of 64 weeks
- Over 1200 permits raised
- Over 2200 inductions performed
- Over 2800 H&S inspections completed
- Over 350 Toolbox Talks (TBT’s) rolled out
- Over 290,000 manhours worked
projects per year
Partner with us
In partnering with Lorien you will find people who understand the your industry, and who can guide your projects from concept design through to an operational, commissioned and validated state. Investment projects can often come with challenges, such as construction and installation of novel designs and processes; tight cost constraints; construction adjacent to live production plant.
Whatever the challenge may be, with over £3bn of constructed projects behind us, you can be assured that the team at Lorien is very likely to have met similar challenges and managed through to an effective outcome.