Logistics and Distribution
Keeping products moving
Supply Chain Facilities and Systems for Fast-Moving Consumer Goods and Ethical Products
Speed of delivery, rapid stock movement and added value in the supply chain, are all ways that our customers stay ahead of their competition. Lorien assists in this endeavour through the design and construction management of product staging, local warehousing, regional and national distribution centres.
The type of products we have experience with is wide. They include short shelf-life food products, made and distributed daily; ambient food and drinks; automotive components and assemblies; retail houseware and clothing; ethical pharmaceuticals and pharmacy products.
Our engineers support clients in the establishment of new facilities and the adaptation of existing facilities to meet new needs, including change to quality and regulatory controls. In particular we offer solutions for;
- In-bound raw materials storage and batch dispensing
- Palletisation and depalletisation
- Out-bound product staging and local stock-holding
- Regional and national distribution centres
- Cold chain
Delivery areas include:
- Architectural, civil and structural design
- Building services, mechanical and electrical
- Mechanical handling equipment
- Production utilities and plant rooms
- Refrigeration and freezing
In a market where speed of delivery is crucial, slick project execution is absolutely fundamental to success.
Phil Colquhoun, Head of Projects
Complete project life-cycle coverage; Concept to Handover
Lorien project teams deliver Concept and Pre-Investment Studies, all the way through to detailed facility design and construction management. We are our client’s project partners from the start to the end of the project cycle, and beyond.
- Site masterplans and concept design
- Front-end engineering design
- Logistic network reviews
- Condition surveys
- Tender design and planning consent / permitting
- Scheme implementation, including construction planning, procurement and execution management
- Construction safety management
- Explosive atmosphere safety for stored petro-chemicals and other flammables, area classification, COMAH review, basis of safety reporting, engineer’s inspection
Looking to build something special?Partner With Us