Logistics and Distribution
Keeping products moving
Supply Chain Facilities and Systems for Fast-Moving Consumer Goods, Retail and Ethical Products
Speed of delivery, rapid stock movement and added value in the supply chain, are all ways that our customers stay ahead of their competition. Lorien assists in this endeavour through the design and construction management of product staging, local warehousing, regional and national distribution centres.
The type of products we have experience with is wide. They include short shelf-life food products, made and distributed daily; ambient food and drinks; automotive components and assemblies; retail houseware and clothing; ethical pharmaceuticals and pharmacy products.
Our engineers support clients in the establishment of new facilities and the adaptation of existing facilities to meet new needs, including change to quality and regulatory controls. In particular we offer solutions for:
- Regional and national distribution centres
- Factory in-bound materials storage and dispensing
- Out-bound product staging and network local stock holding
- Network supply
- Site selection review
- Specialist distribution including cold chain
In a market where speed of delivery is crucial, slick project execution is absolutely fundamental to success.
Phil Colquhoun, Projects and Building Director
Complete project life-cycle coverage
Lorien project teams deliver Consultancy Services, Concept and Pre-Investment Studies, all the way through to detailed facility design and construction management. We are our client’s project partners from the start to the end of the project cycle, and beyond. We also offer advice and remodelling services for legacy systems and facilities, and lead performance improvement programmes to drive up efficiency, and drive down cost.
LEGACY FACILITIES and SYSTEMS
- Facility and System surveying, with dilapidation reporting
- Process improvement programmes
- Technical and safety compliance assessment and remediation
ANALYSIS and STRATEGY
- Strategic analysis and consultancy
- Network analysis and assessment
- Facility Masterplan
- MHE / Automation concept and selection
DESIGN and PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Facility design (civil, structural, architectural, services)
- Facility planning permission submission support
- MHE, automation and plant utilities design and integration
- Contract and cost management, project management
HEALTH, SAFETY and COMPLIANCE
- CDM design services as principal designer / advisor
- CDM construction services as principal contractor / advisor
- Machine safety, system functional safety, ATEX / DSEAR
Full Spectrum of Logistics and Distribution Applications
The team here at Lorien cover all of your consultancy, engineering and project management needs, bring all of your service needs for logistics and distribution infrastructure projects under one roof.
- Conventional racking and block stores
- Automated warehouses
- Non-palletised automated storage & retrieval
- Pick face automation, goods-to-person etc.
- AGV systems
- Load make-up, dispatch buffer systems
- Trailer unloading systems
Full Spectrum of Consultancy and Project Services
Lorien can provide all of your consultancy, engineering and project management needs for logistics and distribution infrastructure projects, and more.
We have a multi-disciplined team of specialists able to take projects from concept to construction.
Some project examples:
Ethical Products Distributor, Project Aim – A strategic review of the NDC and RDC approach to expand sales volumes, reduce costs and to enable more direct sales as part of a 12-year masterplan
Large multinational retailer: Project Aim: The client was taking over two Distribution Centres and required Programme Management through to CDM Site Management.
Looking to build something special?Partner With Us