Vacancy - Senior Packaging Engineer
VACANCY - Senior Engineer - Packaging
As a Senior Engineer for our Packaging department you’ll work as an effective member of the multi-disciplined UK project team group. There will be travel to Clients sites both UK and overseas.
What we do
At Lorien Engineering Solutions we understand what makes project work – our people. Our people deliver engineering projects and technical consulting around the world, often exceeding our customer’s challenging expectations. Teams from Lorien operate at the leading edge of technology and facility design in multiple industrial sectors predominantly: food, beverage, brewing, life sciences & advanced manufacturing, As a division of GP Strategies Corporation, we operate from over 65 offices in 30 countries world-wide.
About the role
You’ll be developing innovative engineering solutions to solve complex client problems with responsibility for delivery from initial conception through to final handover. Working as an effective member of a multi-disciplined project team you’ll be leading the packaging engineering scope for various projects from packaging format changes up to to complete new production lines. We’ll need a committed approach to delivering project objectives within capital, time, quality and legislative parameters. With a professional approach you’ll incorporate best practice and internally developed QA and design procedures.
- Support Clients in Capex development process.
- Provide tailored engineering design solutions incorporating an appropriate blend of innovation and practicality. Requirements for drawings will range from initial concepts through to ‘as-installed’.
- Ensure project deliverables are met – production of clear unambiguous engineering outputs including specifications and scope of work incorporating measurable performance requirements.
- Equipment Supplier Selection – carry out detailed tender analysis including commercial and technical evaluations for required items of equipment.
- Project profitability – control of capital expenditure and contractor variations. Ensure key project dates are met.
- Preparation and management of project programmes in conjunction with the client / suppliers.
- Expedite equipment – ensure equipment is manufactured to the correct standards in accordance with the required project programme key dates.
- Attend Pre Delivery Inspection visits to ensure purchased equipment achieves acceptance requirements prior to delivery to site.
- Site Management – at the appropriate time in the project the engineers duties will require them to be site based and carry out the management / coordination of suppliers during the installation / commissioning phase of the project.
- Performance trials – assist in carrying out performance trials for each individual item of equipment to ensure acceptance criteria identified within engineering specifications is achieved.
- Compile and issue final documentation.
- Lorien profitability – control of man hours and expenses.
- QA – contribute to and work to Lorien CBA’s / SOP’s & client systems and procedures.
- Legislation – ensure project compliance with legal requirements including CDM, Machinery Directive & PUWER.
What we need
- Ideally you’ll be degree educated and have attained, or be working towards Chartered Engineer status.
Additionally we’ll require:
- Proficiency in the use of Autocad & MS Project •
- System design and project delivery experience in one or more of the following sectors:-
- Snacks & Confectionary
- Fresh and chilled
- Understanding of line analysis and process improvement techniques
- The ability to easily commute to Burton Upon Trent
- Flexibility to travel to client sites in the UK and overseas, sometimes for extended periods.