The lockdown of almost half the world's population due to COVID-19 plunged the global economy into an unprecedented recession and, even now, the business outlook remains uncertain.
However, the impact of the virus on the economy and markets was not the same for all. Some industries closed 2020 with a strong increase in sales, offsetting growing weakness in others.
Krzysztof Szymczyk, Sales & Business Development Director said
“Despite the pandemic, Lorien Engineering Poland enjoyed a two-digit growth in revenues compared to the previous year with EBIT margins remaining healthy. The company also secured a significant backlog of orders.”
The main drivers of this success in Poland are:
- Long term business relationships with regular clients
- Diverse portfolio of served industries
- Investors addressing gaps in critical infrastructure and providing options for future development
- A number of significant projects with well-known, global companies
- Ongoing support for clients during the COVID-19 emergency.
During this challenging time, a number of important, internal actions were undertaken:
- The organisation structure was adapted to support sustainable growth
- In addition to internal promotions, intensive recruitment continued to fill vacancies
- Office space was significantly increased to accommodate our new colleagues
- Investments in office equipment, hardware and software
- New engineering design technologies, methods and software are planned for implementation during 2021.
Lorien Engineering Solutions, a division of GP Strategies, provides worldwide engineering design, project management and technical consulting services for processing, packaging, automation and facility construction.
We operate at the leading edge of design in industrial sectors including: food, beverage, brewing, pharmaceutical, health and wellbeing, household and light chemistry, advanced manufacturing and logistics facilities.