BFBi and Lorien Engineering Solutions Presents:
BFBi Breakfast Briefing: Introduction to Compliance (PUWER, CE, ATEX) & CDM 2015
Date: Thurs 5th March 2020
Venue: Northern Monk Refectory, Marshalls Mill, The Old Flax Store, Marshall Street, Leeds.LS11 9YJ
BFBi ~ Brewing, Food & Beverage Industry Suppliers Association. They are the international trade association representing the entire value chain supplying the food & drink industry worldwide.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
Whether it’s to improve your knowledge, have a refresher or understand responsibilities, learn about Directives or keep up-to-date with changes in legislation we look forward to seeing you.
Places are limited to encourage interaction and open to project engineers through to H&S and capital projects staff within food & beverage manufacturers. Likewise equipment manufacturers will learn their duties & responsibilities. Open to BFBI members and the wider industry.
CDM regulations apply to ALL construction projects including maintenance activities no matter how big or small from groundworks, repair, installation of services or dismantling of a structure. Find out the latest information on CDM (including Principal Designer & Principal Contractor). Likewise PUWER regulations apply to all work equipment for both old and new equipment
- Elliot Follows, Head of Compliance / Health & Safety
- Jon Barfield, Compliance Consultant
- FREE to BFBI Members or £15+vat to non BFBI members
- Places are limited to 2 people per company. Additional places will made available subject to availability.
For further information or register your interest below or call 01283 485 125. For any special dietary requirements - please advise at the time of booking.
Jon Barfield, Compliance Consultant
Jon Barfield is a Compliance Consultant within the Lorien Compliance Team, specialising in Machine Safety (Machine Safety Regulations and PUWER), Low Voltage, EMC regulations, Explosive Atmospheres (DSEAR) and CE Marking.
Jon joined the business in 2018 as a Compliance Consultant, having worked in the compliance and approvals industry for over 5 years, including for UK and German Notified Bodies (BSI and TÜV SÜD). Previous experience has been gained in the appliance test and manufacturing industries, bringing domestic and commercial products to the marketplace. Jon has been involved with product approvals on a global basis, bringing unique knowledge of product approvals and regulations from around the world.
In his current role as Compliance Consultant, he is responsible for the delivery of a range of health, safety and risk consultancy services.
Jon has particular responsibility for -
- Machinery (Safety) Regulations and Provision and Use of Work Equipment (PUWER) – factory and machine assessments, and providing advice to users.
- ATEX & Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmosphere Regulations (DSEAR) – assessments and area classification.
- CE Marking – ensuring that machines and assemblies of machines meet all relevant EU and UK legislation
He has worked on a wide variety of projects, with the emphasis on large process and packaging projects in the food, supplement, pharmaceutical and beverage / brewing industries.
Jon holds qualifications including a Business Degree, CMSE (Certified Machinery Safety Expert, TÜV Nord), NEBOSH (General Certificate), along with Electrical Installation and Electronics qualifications.
Elliot Follows, Head of Compliance / Health & Safety
Elliot brings over 20 years’ experience in quality and health, safety and welfare management, which is supported by an extensive suite of qualifications and Institute memberships; NEBOSH NGC, NCC and Diploma in H&S Management, CMSE® (Certified Machinery Safety Expert), GradIOSH, DipNEBOSH and MIIRSM.
After working over 6 years as the Health & Safety Manager in the food, beverage and pharmaceutical sectors for Briggs of Burton, Elliot joined Lorien in 2016 bringing a wealth of experience in CDM projects. He has recent practical experience gained in the food, beverage and brewing industry, and the advanced manufacturing, pharmaceutical and well-being sector for a wide range of international clients.
The combination of Elliot’s strategic/holistic thinking and hands-on practical implementation earns respect throughout the project team from the client through to the contractors. The high levels of safety compliance and systems thinking means that Lorien enjoy the certification of the Safety Management System to BS OHSAS 18001.
Elliot has experience of running projects in the UK, Germany, India, Africa, France, Poland, Belgium and Holland.
Recent examples of Elliot’s work include the following:
- CDM delivery manager during the installation of new food processing and packaging plant for a major breakfast cereals manufacturing client. The overall Lorien team delivered against a tight timeframe whilst safe-guarding up to 250 personnel and working alongside operational food production plant.
- Leading the design and system provisioning of a live H&S information capture and dashboard reporting system to be deployed on all client sites where Lorien operate as the CDM Principal Contractor. The system allows efficient capture of data at site, and intelligent trend analysis of the data.
- Designing and leading H&S training for Lorien directors, managers and engineers, including Accident Investigation, Designing Safely, CDM Regulations and Asbestos Awareness.