BFBi and Lorien Engineering Solutions Presents:
BFBi Breakfast Briefing: Introduction to Compliance (PUWER, CE, ATEX)
Date: Wed 6th November 2019
Venue: Lorien Engineering Solutions, Millennium Court, First Avenue, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire. DE14 2WH
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
Whether it’s to improve your knowledge, have a refresher or understand responsibilities, learn about Directives or keep up-to-date with changes in legislation we look forward to seeing you.
Places are limited to encourage interaction and open to project engineers through to H&S and capital projects staff within food & beverage manufacturers. Likewise equipment manufacturers will learn their duties & responsibilities. Open to BFBI members and the wider industry.
- Tony Reynolds Engineering Manager - Compliance
- Jon Barfield, Compliance Consultant
- FREE to BFBI Members or £15+vat to non BFBI members.
- If you are not a BFBI member - please contact email@example.com
Register below to attend or call 01283 485 125 for further information
Jon Barfield, Compliance Consultant
Jon Barfield is a Compliance Consultant within the Lorien Compliance Team, specialising in Machine Safety (Machine Safety Regulations and PUWER), Low Voltage, EMC regulations, Explosive Atmospheres (DSEAR) and CE Marking.
Jon joined the business in 2018 as a Compliance Consultant, having worked in the compliance and approvals industry for over 5 years, including for UK and German Notified Bodies (BSI and TÜV SÜD). Previous experience has been gained in the appliance test and manufacturing industries, bringing domestic and commercial products to the marketplace. Jon has been involved with product approvals on a global basis, bringing unique knowledge of product approvals and regulations from around the world.
In his current role as Compliance Consultant, he is responsible for the delivery of a range of health, safety and risk consultancy services.
Jon has particular responsibility for -
- Machinery (Safety) Regulations and Provision and Use of Work Equipment (PUWER) – factory and machine assessments, and providing advice to users.
- ATEX & Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmosphere Regulations (DSEAR) – assessments and area classification.
- CE Marking – ensuring that machines and assemblies of machines meet all relevant EU and UK legislation
He has worked on a wide variety of projects, with the emphasis on large process and packaging projects in the food, supplement, pharmaceutical and beverage / brewing industries.
Jon holds qualifications including a Business Degree, CMSE (Certified Machinery Safety Expert, TÜV Nord), NEBOSH (General Certificate), along with Electrical Installation and Electronics qualifications.
Tony Reynolds, Engineering Manager - Compliance
Tony Reynolds manages a team of compliance engineers within the Lorien business division of GP Strategies. The areas of specialisms for this team includes CE marking of complex assemblies, machine safety risk assessments, validation of SRP/CS, HAZOPS, ATEX & DSEAR regarding explosive atmospheres (dusts, gases and vapours) for both new and legacy facilities.
Tony’s position within our business is Compliance Manager, originally joining the business in 2007 having worked in the compliance and approvals industry for over 16 years previously. He has previously worked for certification bodies such as TÜV Rheinland and British Standards Institution, and commercial companies including Pitney Bowes.
He has been involved with product approvals on a global basis and brings with him a vast and unique knowledge of product approvals and regulations from around the world. Tony has experience of working in the UK, Germany, USA, Canada, Russia, India, South Africa, Indonesia, China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, France, Spain, Slovenia, Slovakia, Belgium, Poland and Holland.
In his current role Tony also delivers technical training for customer in-house courses on a broad range of safety compliance topics.
Recent examples of Tony’s work include the following:
- Compliance Programme Manager for a food manufacturing client, overseeing multiple compliance projects across the client’s manufacturing network to ensure that assessments and report remain aligned to a common standard.
- The delivery of safety compliance training including Machine Safety (PUWER and CE Marking), Explosive Atmospheres (DSEAR and ATEX), and construction safety (CDM Regulations) for a speciality chemicals company serving the automotive sector.
- Explosive atmospheres on-site inspection and compliance gap reporting for facilities operated by a global household cleaning products manufacturer, surveying locations in India and Indonesia, and leading the compliant design of a new facility in the Middle-East.