CapEx investment project and technical support you can count on.
At Lorien Engineering Solutions we understand what makes projects work – people. Our people deliver engineering projects and technical consulting around the world, often exceeding our customer’s challenging expectations. Teams from Lorien operate at the leading edge of technology and facility design in multiple industrial sectors including: food, beverage, brewing, pharmaceutical, health and well-being, household & light chemistry, aerospace, advanced manufacturing and logistics facilities.
As a division of GP Strategies Corporation, we operate from over 65 offices in 30 countries world-wide.
In today’s ever-changing, fast-paced, and increasingly globalized business landscape, agility and efficiency are key to your competitiveness. We are a global performance improvement company and a leader in engineering and technical services, technical training, eLearning solutions, and management consulting. With locations throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC, we are strategically positioned to deliver consistent, transformative, performance-driven technical and engineering solutions around the world.
Business-led investment concept development
Businesses need well-tested and well-considered solutions, leading and directing investment. We deliver Masterplanning on single and multiple sites, concept design and front-end engineering design studies.
Design engineering and project management, worldwide
Lorien provides engineering design, project management and technical consulting services for processing, packaging, automation and facility construction applications.
Safety is our first priority
Achieving the highest standards of construction and safety management, Lorien’s engineers, project managers and safety specialists deliver on site. Safety and compliance services are also offered for legacy plant installations.
Vision and Mission
We have a vision to equip and enable people and businesses to perform at their highest potential. Our mission is to make a meaningful impact by providing the expertise and solutions needed to solve business challenges and attain ultimate performance results for our customers.
Our experienced and passionate leadership team is committed to global growth and innovation, while pursuing the highest standards of delivery for our clients.
About GP Strategies.
History of Lorien Engineering Solutions
Founded in 1966, GP Strategies (NYSE: GPX) is one of the few truly global performance improvement companies out there. Serving more than 16 diverse industries, GP Strategies is a leader in sales and technical training, eLearning solutions, management consulting, and engineering services. Our commitment to crafting intelligent solutions and delivering extraordinary service helps us attract the brightest minds—professionals who are aligned with our core vision and values. Our services, solutions, and technologies empower companies to perform above their potential.
- 1961 - Allied Breweries, the UKs largest brewer in the UK with over 12 breweries & owned 11% of the UK’s pubs formed following the merger of Ind Coope, Ansells and Tetley Walker).
- Early 1980’s, Allied Breweries de-centralised its regional breweries and major business functions into independent profit centres. As a result, the Capital Engineering Projects department was badged Allied Breweries Engineering Services Ltd. This enabled ABES to bid for work with other food & drinks companies as well as continuing to carry out major project work for its parent company. However, in 1985 Allied Breweries decided to focus on its brewing business and dispose of other none core functions. Consequently a management & staff buy-out was organised for ABES leading to the formation of Integrated Engineering Projects Ltd.
- 1985 – Founded as Integrated Engineering Projects Ltd with headquarters in Burton-on-Trent, UK specializing in engineering design & project management spun out from the large in-house brewery engineering team. Over the following years IEP merged with other Management Consultancy Business including Handley-Walker and PE International. This enlarged group was purchased by another consultancy group called Lorien. Lorien eventually took the decision to re-brand all their group businesses under the banner of the Lorien name.
- 1997 - The company changed its name to Lorien Engineering Solutions Ltd providing CAPEX solutions for the food & beverage, life sciences, advanced manufacturing & logistics sectors.
- 2009 – Lorien setup Wroclaw, Poland office offering easy access to its additional engineering solutions capability across Central and Eastern Europe.
- 2013 - Global performance improvement solutions provider GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) acquired Lorien Engineering Solutions Ltd to further expand its CAPEX offering.
- 2015 – Lorien launches Graduate Engineering Scheme accredited by Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE).
- 2017 – Lorien Engineering Solutions, a division of GP Strategies expand to over 100 specialists who design and deliver manufacturing projects.
- 2019 – 27 years of Gold Awards from ROSPA, and 3rd Patron’s Award (one of 2 awarded internationally). Lorien’s health and safety certifications and accreditations include BS OHSAS 18001, SafeContractor, Altius, BROWZ and EcoVadis, as well as being corporate supporters of RoSPA and The British Safety Council.