Lorien Engineering Solutions provides engineering design, project management and technical consulting services to customers in food, brewing, drinks manufacturing sectors, and life sciences discovery and manufacturing. We also assist companies to develop low-carbon strategies, and implement waste-to-wealth, sustainable energy, and waste-to-energy schemes.
We are part of GP Strategies Corp., a global organisation delivering performance change to its customers through technical leadership, engineering projects and people development.
At Lorien, we support customers on projects around the world, with our international work taking an increasing prominence within our business. We are an ISO9001 company, with tried and tested processes for ensuring the highest levels of quality and conformance.
Safety is our first priority. In July 2016 we have been presented with our 24th Gold Award, and 10th successive Order Of Distinction from RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents). We were also awarded a Gold Medal for our MoRR performance (vehicle fleet safety). The company is a corporate member of Safe Contractor, ROSPA and the British Safety Council. We are accredited to BS OHSAS 18001 Safety Management Systems.
On a typical manufacturing based project, Lorien take responsibility for:
- Interpreting client requirements, turning them into engineered concepts and designs
- Procurement strategy and execution for facilities, equipment and services
- Expedite off-site build, and manage the on-site construction process
- Testing, commissioning, snagging, through to production handover - and commercialisation
- CDM (safety) coordination during design and construction via Principal Designer and Principal Contractor roles
- Machine and area safety compliance
- Product safety compliance
- Sustainable energy solutions and sustainable construction
We can do this for all or part of a project, including:
- The building
- Supporting infrastructure, including all services
- Goods inwards logistics and bulk materials storage
- Product processing
- Filling and packaging processes
- Warehousing logistics, order picking and despatch